Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer's not over

Lucky for us, summer's not over until the weather says it is over.  For many, today was the first day back to school.  Sally doesn't start pre-school until Wednesday next week.  They're also done a week before memorial day...shortest school year possible!

Even though today wasn't a first day of school for us I still was a bit nostalgic. Next year Sally will be starting kindergarten.  How can that be???  Remind me to soak up every last ounce of this last school year of her being here.  Remind me especially, come February.  The winter doldrums.

Today was approximately my 1,305th day of being blessed to stay home with our little ladies.  I wouldn't change it for the world!! It was a wonderful ordinary day!

One singing and one coloring while I'm still in my work out clothes sipping my coffee. Mornings are my favorite

Dollies
Love this weather.  We can finally go to the parks in the afternoon because the slides aren't too hot to play on.  aaaaaaand we can reclaim the parks because most of the kids are back at school.

I let Sally bike to the far park today.  Usually if she bikes, Daddy is along too, just in case she needs an extra hand or push.  I was very much impressed with her endurance and bravery! It also kept Libby more than occupied in the stroller, which was easier to push! Win-Win

Continuing to enjoy our summer until the forecast says otherwise.

****
The rest of our pictures from Labor Day

We did a jammie walk the other night.  One was a little more cooperative than the other.  We had to pull out all of the tricks and the routes to keep Libby from seeing parks and slides! You can't reason with a toddler so you just put them on someone's shoulder and call it a day.


Trouble in the neighborhood.  Park Yogurt had their "soft opening" on Monday.  Ummmm FroYo only 4 blocks from our house??? not good.  I was happy to see that it was packed last night with high school kids coming from a soccer game! It took everything in me not to swing through.  I had just finished yoga, I either deserved it or shouldn't because it totally would defeat the purpose of working out. I'm sure we'll be there Friday for snack ;)

We met our neighbor friends at the park.  Love this little fluffball...Daddy likes to do her hair right in the middle like a whale spout

Sisters, matchy match

I love my job!

Happy Hump Day already and happy 1st day of school for Daddy.  Go get 'em BP!

No comments:

Post a Comment