Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fire Station Field Trip

I always known I wanted to be a mom.  When I was little, one thing that I always thought moms did was chaperone school field trips. Today, I was one of them.  It's funny to me that I've been a mom for over 4 years now and I'm still finding ways to be in awe and excited that I am indeed a mom. 

Maybe because at one point I was the teacher seeking out chaperones for field trips and now I am on the other end of that, that added to the coolness of it.  At any rate, it was fun and something I've been waiting for a long time to do.

Libby went to an hourly daycare.  It was her first time at a daycare.  She did very well.  When I asked her if she wanted to go back she shouted yes and continued to explain the things she got to do.  I was glad she liked it, because it will be a great option to have, for future chaperoning, dentist appointments and hair appointments!  I didn't expect to be so emotional about dropping her off.  She was only there for 3 hours.  Maybe because it was something so foreign to me.  So different than having a sitter come to our house for 3 hours.  It makes me appreciate that much more the path that I {we} have chosen, to stay home with the kiddos!

My friend Mary told me the other day, "Make sure you get a picture of you and Sally, so someday she can look back and see that you made it work for her too.  You didn't just go to the youngest child's school activities because it was easier to make it work." So  true!

It was fun to see Sally's new friends and see how Sally is in her school setting!



My little preschooler, raising her hand and being a great little student!



Proof that Mommy came! ;)
 Not sure if Sally is bad luck or good luck, but there was a call for a car fire, so the Fire Truck had to leave.  Remember, this happened last week when we were at the Truck Petting Zoo...



It was a fun Fall morning!

p.s. Thank you MN for the awesome Fall weather so far, you're making up for your horrible Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment