Thursday, September 11, 2014

Taking a Step Back

We've had a productive week.  Lots of organizing and purging.  I guess you could call it nesting :)  Amazing how much more I feel I can accomplish with only having one little sidekick.

With that said, as we walked out the door this morning to tackle some morning errands I thought to myself, I'm so glad we made the decision to have more kids, if this was it, dare I say it, it would be easy?

That's not to say that's the case for all families, but for ours, I know in my heart of hearts that we're destined for more children.  I can't imagine being 3 years away from all of my kidlets in school full time.  Nor, could I imagine having only one sidekick throughout the days.  There are definitely times where my day is not easy and there are a lot of things on my plate and not a whole lot of energy to accomplish them.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to imagine being ready to welcome a new little person to your family, but since we've done it twice and anticipating a third time, it's amazing how more ready you are after those 40 weeks of thinking, praying and preparing.  If, when you decided to grow your family, it happened immediately, it would be much harder to make that decision.

Similar to when we are right smack dab in the middle of the child raising years.  It seems like there is too much to handle at times, and I'm sure will be very overwhelming in a few weeks when we're doing it on MUCH less sleep, but it's such a short season.  I'm really realizing that, with how quickly Kindergarten arrived.  There are only so many days of the diaper changing, middle of the night wakings, sick days, tantrums, runny noses, and sibling fights, just to name a few.  But the lifetime of joy, love and memories will be so worth the season of "all hands on deck." Taking a step back to look at the big picture, and not just the tasks currently right in front of you, is so very important in many aspects of life.  Deciding on family size is definitely one of them.

There's a baby boom going on, if you haven't noticed.  Lots and lots of babies in my circle of friends as well as our community.  Pregnant Mamas everywhere you go :)  Thank you to the kind mom who went out of her way at Target to tell me I looked great.  I'll be sure to pay it forward!!

We got to meet sweet little Rosalie Kate, the other morning.  Congratulations Selby family, she's beautiful!!!


Taking a break from the organizing to get a little check up!


Sisters, coming together in the middle of the afternoon to talk about their days, a new favorite time of day.


We're still working on the transition to Kindergarten and back home.  A nice balance of you still need to follow the rules of our house, but you need a little mental break too.  Coloring has been a big hit for that...her Monarch Butterfly!


Sally fell asleep at school during their quiet time.  It gave Reid and I a good laugh, as I did the same thing when I was in Kindergarten.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Last night, Sally asked to go to bed at 6:20.  Little Lady is wiped out!

Another favorite of having chosen a Catholic School for Sally is their all school Masses.  When I taught, some of the families would attend those Masses, so I was looking forward to doing the same, only being a parent this time, instead of a teacher! There's nothing better than taking in the view of all the well behaved students dressed in their uniforms and their angelic like little voices singing the songs.  Naturally, there were a few happy, proud tears!  Thankful I have the opportunity to make that a part of Libby and my schedule during the weeks.

Afterward, Libby was treated with a trip to Trader Joe's.  We don't frequent TJ's when both girls need to come along, too much energy to redirect the awesome little carts they have for the little helpers.  Libby knows all too well, that we went here quite a bit while Sally was in pre-school. So I wasn't surprised that each day since Sally has started Kindergarten that Libby has asked "to go to that store where they have little carts for me."


35 weeks folks! Squirt will be here before we know it!


I finally treated myself and booked a Chiropractor appointment. Hoping to relieve some sciatic nerve pain and who knows, maybe an adjustment will help with an easier, faster labor, perhaps without back labor?  One can only hope :) It's my first ever chiropractor appointment, I'm excited and nervous!

Reid had his annual Fall National Meeting yesterday, he got to see Taylor Swift and Coldplay!



Happy Day Ya'll, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment