Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pretending

I'm going to pretend we're not in the middle of a huge APRIL snowstorm, after having a record hellofa winter.

Libby pretended the other day that she was 16.  Take a look






I love the length of Libby's hair, so the other day, just Sally got her hair cut.  I'll pretend it was a really great cut, and not uneven at all, or 2 inches shorter than I asked it to be...

Libby making sure the lady knew what she was doing to her sister's hair...she didn't
Can I say I'm a little envious of my friends experiencing their first baby?  Why is the first baby the hardest?  Why can't you know in the middle of it all, how wonderful it is to come home from the hospital and have just one newborn to watch after.  The days of being able to sleep in with the baby's morning nap.

I think I've said it here before, you're first IS your hardest.  It's the first time you have to learn to give up of yourself and your time to take care of your child.  Each child after that is a little easier to give more of yourself up, because you've already done it.  Or so I think.  Everything always seems easier when you look back.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm in a hard stage right now at all.  I'm just a little envious of having just a newborn, knowing what I know now.  That's how all of life works though, doesn't it?

I did get to pretend today that I had only one child.  Sally got to head up to Nana and Grandpa's to spend the remaining days of her Spring Break.  Thank you Nana and Grandpa!

Libby and I had a great day.  We went shopping and headed downtown to meet Daddy for lunch!

Waiting for our lunch date
 
The very moment she spotted her Daddy...
 


Giving Delores extra love and prayers, as her brother died this week.

Thankful for her!! Earlier this week she offered to have the girls come over to play with Grady so I could have a solo Target run, HEAVEN!!  Especially knowing I had 4 straight days of solo parenting!
Tomorrow's Friday!  Here's to pretending we're not going to wake up to a foot of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment