Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rollercoaster Behavior

Sally's back!

The car ride home yesterday was a breeze! The sisters missed each other.  Libby kept leaning over to look at Sally and say "Hi."  Sally would respond "Did you miss me Libby?" Libby with her profound "Yeah!"  They would hold hands and sing songs and then they were partners in crime!

Today we went to a different church for the celebration of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  Libby was a big fan of the acoustics.  Wouldn't you know, you can't negotiate with a 1 1/2 year old.  She was soooooooooo loud.  Before we even finished the processional song we were making our way to the family room.  Every one knew it too, as Libby shouted Noooooooo, Jesus!! the entire way there.  She didn't want to leave Jesus.

Well then, the cry room was full of glass windows that was perfect for a little 1 1/2 year old to pound on.  We left during the Gospel.  I'll return tonight, without my sidekicks.

Libby continues to get  upset throughout the day about having to leave church.  She really is very sad that we had to leave and she keeps asking to go back.  Sally wasn't innocent in all of it either.

They know when I'm out numbered and they work together to make me look like I don't have control of my children.

Luckily our dentist visit went a little more smoothly!  No cavities for Sally Ann.  She did great too!  I so love our dentist office, the people that work there and the dentist! I highly recommend Doctor Amey!

Don't let their innocent look fool you!
 
I met up with two of my girlfriends last night for dinner and drinks.  We made sure that we continue to let each other know the highs of parenting, but more importantly the challenging times.  It helps to know that you're not alone and that you or your kids aren't completely crazy :)
 


This little one--although she continues to look and act older and older, especially after being gone for 3 days--had a very vivid bad dream last night.  She came down to our room at 4:45am talking about a mean little boy who was in her room and wouldn't go away even though she told him too.  Ooofta, poor thing.  I've heard about the "special monster spray" that you can have your kids spray in their room to "protect" them from monsters.  I think we're going to step in up a notch and sprinkle some Holy Water to help rid of the fear!  She said she couldn't go back to bed because she need to stay awake to watch for the mean boy. Breaks a Mama's heart



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment