Monday, August 5, 2013

Maxed Out

Today marks the 7th day that I've been flying solo! Reid had a big work trip to help close down a building and have a smooth transition as the next one opened up.  He's been putting in major hours and it's not easy on his end either.  It's a different kind of tired.

I didn't really think much about it prior to him leaving.  But you guys, I really miss him. Not just the help, but him, my husband.  I don't think we've ever been away for this long, not to mention the emotional toll the girls have on me.  Ooofta! I think it would maybe be a little different if I was working.{outside the home, whatevs, that never bothers me, but some people it does} I would at least have a little break in my routine or what my job requirements were for the different parts of the day.  But I don't have that.  I've really been putting in 14 hour days for 7 days straight.  Not 8 hours at work and then 6 hours at home.  Am I making any sense?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, we miss Daddy, a lot! Thankfully he's appreciated by his work for being gone over a weekend and he gets to take 2 days off during the week.  I can't decide if they'll be family days or if they will be daddy/daughter days ;)

My cousin got married this weekend.  All of the Moran cousins were together, and that's kind of fun!

Pictures from the weekend:

Sally has been showing more and more interest in writing more than just her name.  She's been very interested in letter sounds and spelling things, but not as much as the writing.  I think she's kind of a perfectionist...

This weekend she loved writing the alphabet and Libby, Mommy, Daddy and Love!

 
"Daddy"


Little Sister liked to be barefoot and in her fall jammies

Copying the ABC's
Little field trips here and there so we don't go so crazy.  And ummm, I kind of like when they're strapped in to their car seats because it is a little break for however long... So gas and a carwash it was!

My other main man, Joe Joe!

All of the Moran cousins.  My sister always comments that we all got great hair!!

Someone found Mommy's eyeliner...

She looks so old and grown up to me here.

Here's to hoping that Reid's flight isn't delayed and traffic isn't horrible so he makes it home in time for supper.  Fingers Crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment