Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sally's Last Day of Preschool 3's Class

Today was Sally's last day.  I was more emotional than I thought I would be.  Her first school year in the books.  Wow, that went fast.  You hear over and over again how the days are long, but the years fly by.  My goodness am I living that!

Here's the link to Sally's first day of school.  I get all teary-eyed all over again when I re-read that poem.

Sally had some really great teachers this year.  They went above and beyond in their creative art projects to really bring things to life for the kids.  Sally's eyes have been opened much wider to the world around her and her faith deepened even more so.  Sally had a special connection with her main teacher and it makes my heart beam to know someone else recognized her greatness!!

They shared this great poem today during their final program.


Nothing Means So Many Things
When children come home at the end of the day,
The question they’re asked as they scurry to play
Is, “Tell me, what did you do today?” 

And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay
“Nothing, I did nothing today?”

Perhaps nothing means that I played with blocks,
Or counted to ten or sorted some rocks. 

Maybe I painted a picture of red and blue,
Or heard a story about a mouse that flew.

Maybe I watched the birds fly today or went outside to the playground to play.

Maybe today was the very first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line.

Maybe I led a song from beginning to end,
Or played with a special brand new friend. 

When you are in preschool and your heart has wings,
NOTHING can mean so many things!

I love that line about her heart having wings.  How true is that?!

Hugzers and Kissers before leaving Libby at Delores'! Thank you, yet again, Delores!!


 When I grow up I want to be a teacher and a mom!

Sally's good friend Aurelia!

Harper too!

I pledge allegiance

Praying

The one and only, very special, Mrs. Andrews!

Sweet and Silly, Miss M!

The "see ya later" {We don't say good bye in this house, unless it's forever, and this is not forever!}
Bring on Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment