Friday, July 12, 2013

What a Difference a Year Makes

Good Morning! Happy Sunny Friday! It's a fresh start to a new day!

Yesterday was a fun day, but also an exhausting one for this Mama. It's great to bring the girls out and let them experience new things, but Libby is at a difficult age to hmmm negotiate with.  If she doesn't want to do something, she won't, no matter what.  Even if you're downtown having lunch with your girlfriends :) I'm sure most didn't notice but me.  When we're not in a super kid friendly environment I feel on edge with the girls.  Next time I'll leave my youngest side kick home, or drop her off with Daddy at his desk ;) Oldest did great! She can come again.

It still was great fun to see the girls and catch up with them.  Congratulate Jenny on her promotion to downtown, wish Carrie a great trip to Ireland and check out Lizzy's awesome summer tan ;) Thanks girls for lunch!

"Mommy that guy over there playing the guitar doesn't have very nice teeth. He should maybe go to the dentist." Many new lessons are learned with each field trip, some for the kids and some for me. Also, she wished on the penny that she threw in to this fountain for an Ariel tail.

So many people in a hurry. Libby kept saying "Go go go!"

Downtown...where Daddy works! "There are lots of Daddy's down here." "Yes, Sally, and lots of Mommy's work too!!!"
After naps we headed up to the West End for a little Kid event.  Last year we went to this same event, Libby was 6 months old, she was just learning to eat baby food, I think she had her first Graham Cracker and I found a little corner bench so I could nurse her.  This year, she went in the jumpy house and held her own with the big kids.  She was talking and telling me what she did and didn't want to do.  Why does time have to go so quickly?!

We also intended on meeting Daddy and then eating dinner somewhere over there.  The girls were on the verge of totally falling apart and after Mommy's exhausting lunch, we {I} decided it would be best to go home for dinner where the girls could have tantrums in the comfort of our home.  Sometimes you just can't push it.



McGruff!

Are you my mother?
 Sally is a full on animal lover! Thanks to Delores she got a bowl of food to feed to the animals.  She was so sweet and so excited to share with all of them!


The bunnies were her favorite.  Poor little things were shaking with fear, they needed a mommy to snuggle with!

These little guys reminded me of toddlers!



Libby and the animals? Not so much.  You can tell by her face here how she felt about them.  She knew she should like them because of how much Sally did.  She would get a nervous laugh, but if you took one step too close she clawed for you to back away.  "C'mon mom, I'm starting to finally get used to dogs, what the heck is a Llama?!"


Waiting for her turn. She's getting so much older and more mature, getting easier and easier to take her anywhere

A Unicorn on her arm is what she decided, with glitter of course


Magic Show

My clown and my lion. My girls, who have an opinion, which I will appreciate when they're older and need to stand up for themselves.

We're off to see Family for a family wedding!

Happy Friday, Happy Sunshine, Happy Weekend, Happy Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment