Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

It is always an adjustment to get back into the groove after a little vacation.  The girls particularly had a hard time with this.  Or they were just proving to me how pissed they were that Daddy went back to work.  Yesterday was a lot of ups and downs. 

Libby puffed out her feathers to show her independence.  We "fought" back and forth for 30 minutes for her to get in her seat for breakfast.  In the end she sat at the table without her tray so she could be a big girl.  Today it was just a 5 minute back and forth, she knows who will win in the end...



Sally fought nap yesterday, for an hour and a half!! I don't care if she sleeps, but she must stay up in her room.  She usually does.  What makes this mom mad is that when Daddy is home she almost ALWAYS sleeps, without once getting out of her bed.  Again, I don't mind if she doesn't sleep, but when she disobeys for an hour and a half it makes me really mad.  She ended up being in her room for the rest of the day yesterday.  I suspect she'll have a great day today.  She's off to a superb start!

Remember not too long ago when Libby was going to the bathroom on the toilet?  I kind of thought she was crazy and I'm not an overachieving mother.  When we went for her 18 month appointment I checked with the doctor to see how normal this is.  She said it is unlikely she's ready to be potty trained quite yet (phew!), but there are a handful of 1 1/2 year olds that are interested and want to, just don't force it or make her do something she doesn't want to.  Little Miss Independent must have been listening, she's been ASKING to go to the bathroom and not just because, she really does have to go!!!  It happened twice yesterday and already this morning.  I'm in no hurry, but if she's going to take this into her own hands, I'll follow her lead, I guess!!

This is her, "Yep, I'm a big girl and I know it grin"
She took her own pj bottoms off and said "Potty, toilet"


We're enjoying a lazy stormy rainy day!  In the wise words of our 4 year old. "The thunder is just the Lord and Jesus talking to you.  If you don't like the thunder than you don't like the Lord and Jesus!"

Showing their babies the rain and explaining what the Thunder is

****
The girls played pretty well together yesterday so I could tackle the laundry and cleaning the house.  I was informed that they're on a boat.  Sally is Captain Girl, Libby is Skipper.  The red pillows are the lifejackets and the phonebook is their map.  I love imagination!

Playing the drums while mommy sorts and folds the clean laundry.

**Happy Happy Birthday to Captain Andy today!!

**A handful of pictures from the rest of our staycation 4th of July to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment