Thursday, September 1, 2011

MN Fair!

One of my favorite bloggers recently posted on that venturing out with her daughter has "shifted from less of a responsibility of taking her with me into more of an experience of complete pleasure."

These were my exact thoughts and feelings as we experienced the Fair through Sally's world! We had planned for a while that we would go on Wednesday.  Daddy would leave work a little bit early so we could get a head start on our evening.  The only thing I was concerned about was potty.  She still doesn't go on a public toilet.  However, she doesn't have accidents either, but I didn't want her to be uncomfortable at the Fair so we decided on a Pull-Up.  I told her it was just special underwear and she still needed to tell us if she had to go to the bathroom.

You guys, we left our house at 3:30 and didn't get home until 8:30, she didn't ask to go to the bathroom until around 8 and we asked her if she could hold it until we got home. "Sure, Okay Mommy!" Reid looked at me on the drive home, "What do you think, do you think she stayed dry the whole time?"  I responded, "There's certainly a chance, I didn't go to the bathroom that entire time either, and I'm pregnant."  She was dry!! Such a big girl! But boy did she fill up Froggie :)

When we checked on her before bed, as we always do, she looked older.  I got a bit teary-eyed thinking back to our perfect family evening at the Fair.  How much fun she must have had, but more, how much fun she brings to her parents, to the people around her.  She's such a sweet girl with a big heart and we love her so!

Okay, okay, back to the Fair.  We did the oh so convenient park for free shuttle for free! My goodness, this is slick! I can't believe they don't charge anything for that!  Sally was ecstatic, she got to RIDE A BUS! Can you imagine the thrill of not having to ride strapped in to a car seat?  If not, just take a look at her face!


We got a few snacks/dinner after arriving and then headed to a few kiddie rides.


Reid's Favorite-Corn Dog

Mommy's favorite-pretzel.  There was a sweet old lady who couldn't get enough of Sally, as you can see, Sally enjoyed her as well...

Pink Horses!

Love her face!

They're my favorite

I tried to go down the slide with Sally.  Reid, "Jackie, there's no way they are going to let you climb those stairs being pregnant." grrrr, they caught me :( Reid got to take her instead, I suppose I do get to do quite a few things with her with being home that he doesn't get to experience...


So gentle

"P.U. Mommy, pigs stink"
As we were watching some of the Horse outside, a Mom and her mom came up to Reid and said, "My goodness, I don't think she could look anymore like you." Then she saw me and said, "I can see you in her too."  It doesn't bother me in the least that Reid gets all the credit for her cuteness.  They then noticed I was pregnant and were asking all kinds of questions.  Come to find out, she was also a teacher before having her two girls (2 1/2 and 6 months old) and then decided to stay home.  I kind of felt like we were suppose to swap numbers and arrange a play date.  Just typical friendly Minnesotans :)
A real Horsie this time!

Checking out the fish.  Love how her little hand rests on Reid's shoulder in complete love and trust!
Next came dessert.  Sweet Martha's Cookies with $1 all you can drink milk...HEAVEN!! Reid got the milk with Sally and I headed to get the bucket of the cookies.  I had my wallet and my phone so when I got the bucket I could only hold it and not sample any.  You should have seen the looks I got, pregnant lady with big ol' bucket of cookies, but she can't eat any...

My girl shares my love for sweets!


Mom, do I really have to take a picture before I can have a cookie?!

Nope, grab one and then smile at Daddy!

This one is for you, Mom and George :) Beautiful Sunset

Back on the bus, Sally waving Bye Bye to the Fair

Cheeeeeeese!
**Tomorrow, we're off to Ely, MN to hang with our good friends for the long weeknd. I'll be back Tuesday, I'm sure with a lot to share! Happy Labor Day Weekend! Be Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment