Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Sally transitioned to her new bedroom and big girl bed, upstairs, on Saturday for nap.  She has done great so far...much better than I anticipated!

She got up twice for nap and I laid with her for a few minutes and then she slept her normal duration.  Bedtime went even easier.  We did our same routine, read books with Mommy and Daddy.  Mommy says Good-Night, Daddy stays for a few minutes to snuggle and say prayers.  She went right down without a fuss. 

We did hear some pitter-patter at 5:45am Sunday morning as she found her way to our bedroom.  I was impressed that she came down and was able to find us, as she has never seen Reid and I sleeping, because she's always been "locked up" in her crib. I was surprised she was smart enough to come down rather than be scared and cry...like I think I would have done, had I been her, waking up in my new bedroom.  I think she wasn't able to find one of her nuks and was a little chilly from the extra fans we had going {it gets hot hot hot upstairs}.  She willingly went back to bed and slept until 8am!  Yesterday nap went perfectly as well as last night through this morning.  It's as if the Little Lady has been sleeping there for weeks!

So proud and excited!!
**More pictures to come of her new room later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment