Monday, March 18, 2013

Sally's First Play

At least 3 months ago one afternoon when the girls were napping I got an email that Owl Moon was coming to Stages Theatre. We locked down a date and bought tickets for the three of us to go.

This is one of Sally's favorite books.  About 6 months ago we read it every day, she had the whole thing memorized, she could read it herself.

When I bought the tickets, I knew it would be a memorable night, but I didn't think it would be as great as it turned out to be.

First we made sure to wear "pretty pretty" clothes and curl our hair.  She was allowed to bring a purse and she got her mom and her dad all to herself.  She chose to eat at Noodles, which worked out perfectly, being that it fell on a Friday during Lent.  Some of her lines from the night, which were so sincere and heartfelt.

"Thank you so much mommy and daddy for doing this with me"

"I have the best mommy!"  "I have the best daddy!"

"This is just wonderful!"

"Wow, look how beautiful that is!"

"This is the bestest night ever, I won't ever forget it"

"Next time, can Libby come?"

"I kind of love you a lot"

"You look very handsome, Daddy." "You look beautiful tonight, Mommy!"

"This sure is great."  "Wow, I just can't believe it!"

Curly hair and pearls



Explaining to Grandpa what it's all about



She looks so old in this picture!!


We surprised her by allowing her dessert!





 
Meanwhile, back on the homefront Nana and Grandpa hung out with Libbers!  She was just as lucky to be able to have one on one time with her Grandparents!  Thank you Nana and Grandpa for watching Libby!
 
Kisses for Daddy before we go

While Big Sister is away she gets all of the jewels!

I can almost hear her giggling through this picture


I sure love my Grandpa!
 
More pictures to come for our really awesome weekend with Nana & Grandpa! Thank you so much for making the trip down and for all of the extra goodies that you bless us with!! We miss you already! xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment