Monday, August 23, 2010

Thankful

Yesterday I treated myself with a run around the lakes. The sun was setting as I was finishing. It allowed me to reflect on my own my thoughts from the weekend. Throughout the weekend I kept thinking that a year ago, I was preparing to go back to work. By preparing, I mean tears rolling down each night before I'd put Sally to bed, with a knot it my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I loved my job, my coworkers, and everything that came with it, but my daughter, our family was more important and being at home with Sally was more important. Some people are able to make it work, some people aren't as blessed as we are, some people need work, and that's just fine. But for us, this is what we needed.

We are so blessed and fortunate to be able to have me stay home. It too, is a sacrifice in some aspects, but so much more a blessing! I am glad I had to go back to work for a few months, because it allows me to be oh so thankful for where I (we) am at!
I do have to say that it's a little weird this school year, as it's my first time since going to Pre-school that I haven't been a student or a teacher. To help fill the void, I bought a brand new notebook and a box of fresh crayons...for Sally of course. I was also able to help my good friend get her classroom ready, like old times.

I'm not quite as sad to see the summer go, because I know I still get to soak up those perfect Fall days when I would usually be stuck inside the classroom. I'm sure there will be days where it will take everything in me to change one.more.dirty.diaper. But they will be followed with days of walks outside, belly laughs from the little girl, dance parties in our living room, story time in our pj's, lazy rainy movie days, and evenings that can be spent enjoying our family together instead of the hustle and bustle of getting prepared for the next work day.

We're happy, very happy and so glad with where we're at!


Sally's reaction when I asked her if she wanted to start getting up early and go to daycare...


2 comments:

  1. Great post Jackie! Sally is a lucky lady. Time for #2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly! Not quite yet for #2, but soon :)

    ReplyDelete