Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ahhh Poop!

Why does all the “fun” stuff have to happen when Daddy is’t here?! We had a lovely thunderstorm last night. Flash flood warning, strikes of lightening, cracks of thunder and no electricity, the whole bit! After 11 hours, the power is finally back on. Thank goodness for our wonderful neighbors! The houses across the street did not lose power, so last night my neighbor called asking if Sally and I wanted to come over there. Sally was sleeping (of course, I wanted her to wake up so I could snuggle with her) and it was staying pretty cool, so I declined the offer, thinking the power would be back on in three hours, like it was last time.

This morning it was still out. I took our neighbor up on her offer and had a lovely morning chat with our neighbor ladies. We’re lucky to be so blessed! Delores (another neighbor) has also been helping me out while Reid’s gone. She’s allowed me to still do my runs in the morning. The monitor still works at her house, so I drop it off on my way down the street…how convenient!

Alright, I know you’ve been waiting, why is the title of this post “Ahhh poop?” I have two stories I can’t believe I’ve almost forgotten to tell!

1. Bath time is Daddy’s time. However, a few weeks ago, Daddy was at Happy Hour for a friend who was moving away (we miss you!) and so, I had bath duty. What does Sally do? Poops in the bath tub! Lovely! She did that once as a baby, but has not since. Lucky me!

2. Sally sleeps wonderfully at Grandma and George’s house because they have awesome blinds that keep the room nice and dark, even during the day. Sally went down for her nap. It was going on four hours (I know, right?!) and almost time to leave for the party, so I wanted to go in and check on her. I came in to see a half strapped on diaper and a pile of poop in her pack-n-play. I think we had gotten there just in time because it wasn’t squished all over everything! Reid’s response after taking care of the clean-up while I “cleaned” Sally was: “Well, I guess this is what parenting is all about right?”

The little doll is still sleeping, even after no sound machine throughout the night, hopefully I don’t go in this morning to see a lovely brown surprise!

(Pictures are from my phone and the rest of our weekend in Alex)
"Mommy, I HATE traffic!"

It took us 3+ hours to get to Alex. When we were on the homestretch, we were getting a little nuts-o, so we turned off the music and started singing our own songs like, The Wheels on The Bus Go Round, Twinkle Twinkle, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, things like that. Uncle Joe Joe added his own verse to The Wheels on the Bus- "The Uncles on the bus say 'You're getting home-schooled, you're getting home-schooled...'" (He's very protective of his nieces, especially because they're getting cuter and cuter!)


Going to see the "Gucks"

5 comments:

  1. AHHH HA HA HA. Poop is so gross. However, I'd clean up poop over throw up any day of the week. I'm happy you have such wonderful neighbors, it makes all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Sal gal! You and your brave mommy had quite a night!!!!! I was thinking of you and praying for you guys as I watched the city stations go nuts on the weather and politics last night. Your daddy said it correctly. Parenting is never dull. Looking forward to our sleep over this Saturday, princess. XXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first comment - vomit is no picnic to clean up...gimmie poop! haha Maybe Maddie taught this to her when we were up north....she reminds herself when she gets in the tub, 'maddie no poopie in dere'

    As a side note - are you really going to home school!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No No, No home schooling. Joey is just saying that because he knows what teenage boys think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could fill VOLUMNS about students that leave the system to learn at home, then return and desperately want it all to be "fixed". Go to school, Sal. Good choice, parents! :)

    ReplyDelete