Friday, October 13, 2017

Mason's 8 months!

Happy Friday, October 13th!

Yesterday Mason turned 8 months old!  Only a quarter of a year left until he's O N E! ! ! !

He had a few outtakes this time, since he's ON THE MOVE! 



He continues to amaze me with his dream baby status.  He's almost always been a relatively good sleeper.  As of a week ago he was only waking once in a 12-14 hour span.  It was no big, deal, quick nurse session and he was back to sleep.  All was well in the world.  His sister's were sleep trained (cry it out) around 6 months.  I think they were waking more than once at night.  I earned my due, and it was not a fun process, but the reward was oh so glorious.



It was on my mind to eliminate the one feeding, as I knew if I didn't do something about it, it could eventually turn in to more and the older they are when you decide to sleep train, the harder it is. So on Monday, I decide this was it.  Against, all advice I always give out, when peeps ask for help and sleep suggestions.  I usually tell them to do it on a Thursday, so that you have the weekend and help from the Hubs to make up for sleep deprivation that the training can cause.



Wellllll Mr. Dream Baby, like everything else in his life, thought, this ain't no thang.  Monday night, he woke at 11:30, I changed his diaper put him back to bed.  Expecting it to be a long night with multiple wakings waiting for his mom to give in and feed him....



I didn't hear from him again until 6:30am. WIN.  Wow, okay, night one was great, I'm so going to pay for it tonight, I thought.


Night #2. I didn't hear from him until 3:45am, went in, changed his diaper, ALMOST caved and fed him as I knew it would allow me to get my blessed 2 more hours before I started hearing his sisters.  He cried for at most 5 minutes, and then I didn't hear from him again until 7am.



Night #3 Wednesday night, Didn't hear from him until 6am, that's 12 hours, so he earned it, I fed him, thought I'd gamble and lay him back down, he went back to sleep until 8:30am.



Night #4 he slept 13 hours straight.



Last night was Night #5 he slept 13 hours again.  Little Mister is sleep trained without a battle or much need for training, and Mama realizes she may have had her last middle of the night feeding without realizing it was the last middle of the night feeding :(  Maybe there will be one more, maybe there won't, but just like I've heard before, all of a sudden it's the last time ______ (fill in the blank) and you don't even realize it's the last time until you look back.



Bittersweet.  yay for full night's sleep, sad for one more step to no more baby.

Enough sad talk, let's take a look at this cute little guy who is THE HAPPIEST LITTLE BOY EVER!!!  God is so Good!

SHOES!! His first time wearing any, thank you Johnson boys for sharing your clothes with me!

 He now has TWO bottom teeth
 He's not really loving baby food any more and wants all the big boy stuff.  He's eats a regular lunch of, cheese, peanut butter sandwich, fruit and yogurt!
 "Hey mom, can I take a picture of you and Mason?  Here, stand under the pretty tree" -Sally
 He's finally starting to transition to just the two naps, but we still have 3 nap days. 
 He LOVES his sisters, always watching, babbling and inch worm crawling after them
 Mase Dawg!  The only thing he doesn't like is putting his arms in shirts
 another bathroom invader!
 He's beginning to babble more syllables and his sisters are SO excited about it!!  Big Boy on the swing...surprise surprise he was ALLLLL smiles!

 [VIDEO]





 The cutest little baby boy there ever was! Thank you for all of the JOY you bring to our family and everyone who encounters you.  You make life so very sweet!  Happy 8 Months, Sweet Mason James (TEEEEENY, Baby James, Boogs, Mase Mase, Mase Dawg, Mase Money, Kevin)


Happy FriYAY! We almost have a THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Year old!!


No comments:

Post a Comment