Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mornings

Mornings are my favorite part of the day.  They always have been.  I've always been a morning person.  Maybe it's the promise of a new day, a fresh start, a blank canvas.

When I had to go back to work after having Sally, it was the mornings that I knew I would and did miss the most.

I love just snuggling on the couch, asking about dreams from the night and what she would like to do for that day.

I got a little extra time with Sally this morning because Libby slept in.  "Mommy, let's have a party with all of my pets."

Here is a typical morning for me.

::Alarm goes off at 6am
::brush teeth
::put hair up
::put on workout clothes
::go to gym for a 45 min work out
::Get home, make coffee for husband and I
::get bananas and juice ready for when the girls wake up
::Check in with husband to see what time he'll be home and what we should have for dinner
::7am Sally's clock turns green, we hear the pitter patter of her feet
::She gives Daddy big hugs and asks if he gets to stay home today
::She goes potty
::on the way to the bathroom she notices her juice and banana are ready for her
::"Thank you so much Mommy, I love you!"
::Help wipe Sally
::Give Daddy hugs and kisses and wave as he heads to work
::Turn on the Today Show to check the top headlines
::Pour a cup of coffee
::Snuggle and chat with Sally on the couch

::7:30am Libby's up!

::Hugs, Kisses, Snuggles, change diaper
::Give Libby a banana and catch the rest of the news, ending with the weather
::Turn on Doc McStuffins for Sally
::Libby rocks and plays with her babies
::Heat up coffee to get in a few more sips
::get breakfast ready to go, waffles, cheerios, toast...
::Help Sally find a spot for her tower so Libby can't get it
::unload dishwasher
::Redirect Libby away from outlet cords
::make my bed
::get girls in their seats for breakfast
::take out meat for dinner
::eat breakfast
::Talk about what we're thankful for to add it to our list

::wipe off Sally
::"Mommy I have to go poop"
::wipe off Libby
::Help Sally wipe
::Change Libby's messy diaper
::get Libby dressed
::help Sally get dressed
::clip Libby's fingernails
::set up toys and block off danger zones in Sally's room so the girls can play
::Half wet, run up to make sure all is well with the girls
::clean up the mess in Sally's room and set out books and puzzles for Sally to do
::put Libby down for nap
::Heat up coffee and check email, update blog, check deals, think about what we should do today
::it's 9:15am

**If it is a preschool day we do most of that, a little less play time, as we're out the door by 8:40.


1 comment:

  1. Fun post to read. I like mornings too, I just hate getting out of bed :-)

    ReplyDelete