Friday, January 20, 2012

Don't Carpe Diem

This article has been “liked” all over Facebook. I finally took the time to read it. I’m glad I did. Go ahead; check it out, I’ll be here when you’re done.  "Don't Carpe Diem"


You’ll especially like it if you are or were a parent and you’re not afraid to say that sometimes it’s hard. Some moments just plan suck.

For example:

*While nursing Libby, Sally decided to go poop and pee in her pants. I can probably count on one hand how many accidents she’d had since being potty trained, this doesn’t ever happen.

*The other night I got 4 hours of sleep, one hour here, two there and one more here. The next day was a long day for everyone

*About to head out to go Grocery shopping, finally ready to walk out the door and Libby fills her pants AND her clothes

*Yesterday was one of those days that we just couldn’t get out of our pajamas because there was always something to do every where I turned



But then there are moments like this, that make it all worth it:

*While nursing Libby, Sally runs to me. Smooths out my hair, tilts her head and says “I like your hair today Mommy. I love you Mommy. Can I give you a hug and a kiss?”

*Libby’s giggles after she’s done nursing and in a “milk comma”

*Seeing the excitement in Sally’s eyes as I set up her princess tent. “Can we play in that today Mommy? You’re gonna play with me toooooo?!” {Because yesterday was that day when I didn’t get much sleep and we didn’t get out of our pajamas because there was always something to do}

*Waking to the hungry grunts of the little newborn, only to realize she allowed me 4 straight uninterrupted hours of sleep. Thank you thank you! The next day was a great one for all of us!

*Appreciating the fact that I can have days where we stay in our pajamas just because, because momma doesn’t have to go to work. She gets to spend it with her two girls, experiencing first hand all that happens during their days. TWO girls, it’s still sinking in that we are blessed with two beautiful healthy little girls

*Hearing the cries of the little because she is up and the moment she sees and hears her mama she instantly stops crying. Melts my heart, that instant bond between the newborn and their mother

*Peeking in to see Sally holding and rocking Libby, while Reid talks to both girls, allowing me to have a peaceful bath

*Greeting my husband at the door to find a bouquet of Pink tulips, because he appreciates me, especially the sacrifice of nursing {specifically in the middle of the night}


*My toddler is finally, finally going poop on the toilet

*Checking out at Target yesterday to which we were blessed with the sweet old lady in front of us. She came to see Libby and after realizing she was only a few weeks old she complimented me on my amazing job of being out and about and looking so good, all the while keeping the kids happy and smiling. She proceeded to unload my cart for me. She said, not because I needed the help, but because I deserved a little break. She remembers all too well, the days of raising young ones. *angel on earth*

*Looking out my window just now to realize my neighbor shoveled for us

All of these moments, good and bad happened just this week. I’m sure I could add a few more to the challenging list and quite a few more to the blessing list, but you get the point. Parenting is the most challenging job of them all, but oh-so-worth-it!!


Love those lips!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment