Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MIA

Sorry I haven't been on in the past two days.  I have two very good reasons.  One, we have a sick toddler around here.  The flu AGAIN!! Third time this winter! Also, I haven't had an internet connection since Sunday night.  I'm borrowing my wonderful Neighbor Lady's until Qwest comes out tomorrow to fix it.

You guys, the flu this time around was TERRIBLE!! I'm not even exaggerating when I say Sally threw up at least 20 times.  I held and rocked with her from 10-3:30am, throwing up roughly every 10 minutes.  I love that little lady, but man is that mentally and physically exhausting.  Daddy helped for as long as he could, but he needed to get some shut eye since he had to work the next day.  At one point Sally was so exhausted she fell asleep in the middle of throwing up.  She looked up and said "Help me, Daddy!" Oh, I would have given anything to change places with her and take her pain away!  Really makes me think about Blessed Mary, especially this time of year, and all that she went through, seeing her Son die on the Cross.

Yesterday she was a little better, but it then started coming out the other end.  I don't know how there was anything left, as she didn't eat much of anything yesterday.  She's doing better today, especially after 13 1/2 hours of sleep last night.  However, her appetite still isn't back.  I know, I know, when we get the flu it usually takes a while too, but the other two times she has bounced back so much faster.  Hopefully tomorrow will go even better.

We hope she's back to normal by Thursday morning, because Mommy and Daddy are going away from the weekend.  It will make me feel less guilty if she's feeling better.  Nana and Grandpa have graciously offered to watch Sally, and we know they'll take great care of her!

Here's a cute picture of the soon-to-be-two-year-old! They came over to play last week!


On the plus side, it's almost April! and we're starting to be able to see our yard again! I'll do my best to post tomorrow, otherwise I'll 'see' you on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. This winter has been unbelievable. Poor Sally. I hope you and Reid don't get it and that this is the last round of sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Oh, I remember those days. Ash got it bad like that, but not Maddie, knock on wood. I remember fixing our carpet shampooer at 2am with Josh just laughing...what else can ya do? She happened to have a red drink of some sort that evening and it went all over light tan carpet and then the shampooer belt broke. Good Times! I hope she's feeling better...

    ReplyDelete