Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grandpa Joe

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my sister, me, and my dad.

My sister recently made a fabulous post on my dad.  Remember, she's the writer, I'm the math brain.  I won't even try to write my own version here, because she nailed it. Exactly.

It's funny, because I was just talking with a girlfriend yesterday about Grandpas and how they seem to be so sappy and such great grandpas.  Sure, the grandmas are wonderful, but you expect that, right?

Like my sister, and I'm sure many people in my family, there really isn't a day that I go without thinking about him. Some days more than others.  It's especially more than others since having Sally. 

I wonder what he would have been like as a grandpa. I can imagine and picture it and know he would have been a great one.  One where his grandchildren would beg and plead to go visit Grandpa Joe. 

Do me a favor, hop on over to her blog and take a minute to read it.  He's part of who Sally is and I love that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sally looks just like you in this photo!! You are a writer too, you just don't give yourself enough credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! I can see so much of you in Sally :) I'm sure Sally knows the great love your dad has for her. I'm sure he will always be apart of her life even though it is from a far, but also so very close.

    You and your sister are both amazing parents and even though your dad had to leave at such a young age, I can tell he has had a helping hand in every step of your life.

    Both Kendyl and Addy are aware of their Nana, and even though they never got a chance to meet her, we see little shimmers that she is with us each day.

    ReplyDelete