Monday, January 31, 2011

Feeling Extra Special

Wow was I celebrated this weekend! Every where I turned there was a new surprise, even if it was Reid getting the flu (poor guy). He was a trooper and stuck it out!

My birthday has a new meaning after having a little girl and realizing what the birth day is really all about! Thanks Mom for carrying me for 9 months and going through labor...even if it was only 45 minutes =)
It all started Friday, when Reid got home from work and surprised me with flowers!
a little bit of Spring in our kitchen!
We met up with our good friends at the Park Tavern.  You get a free pizza for your birthday, it's big enough to feed a small army!
Sally loves pizza! See cute little Lucy in the background =)
Kari, Tiffany and I went to get our nails did Saturday afternoon.  Was so fun to be with such great friends, chat and be pampered! Thanks girls!
I came home to another little surprise on my flowers. Sally and Daddy sure know that Mommy likes sweets!

You can kind of see the pretty nails-Thanks Tiff!
We decided to venture out for an afternoon snack.  We headed over to Yum! and shared a delicious cookie and hot chocolate.  Sally was a big fan!

Do you see Sally's look of death? "Daddy, don't you dare help me with this glass of water even though it's way too big for me!"
Reid arrange for our babysitter to come and watch Sally while we had a night out.  A night that I thought was going to be the two of us, however, Reid had something up his sleeve!
We stopped at the Dover for a drink before our dinner reservations at Bennihana.  I had a glass of wine that they filled to the brim! Happy Birthday to me! Doesn't he look great?! You'd never know he wasn't feeling well!
We had reservations for 6:45. When we got there they told us our table wasn't ready.  However, little did I know, this crew was hiding behind the wine rack waiting to be seated before me. Reid was pointing my attention in other directions and I was totally oblivious! It was a great surprise! Thank you all for being such a big part of my day! I'm thankful for all of you!
What a good looking  group, even if one of us had to dodge an egg ;)

As I was watching our babysitter cross the street I came into the kitchen for yet another surprise with cake and candles.  Did Reid do a good job or what?!

Sally was excited to give her Mama her gift and her homemade card!
 Thank you so much to everyone for making my day/weekend so wonderful.  I appreciate all of the phone calls, Skype calls, text, facebook messages, cards and gifts, you mean the world to me! 

Looks like Sally and I better start planning for Daddy's big day even though it isn't until April.  The bar has been set pretty high!

No comments:

Post a Comment