Monday, October 4, 2010

Twin Cities 10 mile

208.5 miles of training over 12 weeks all for one 10 mile run.  It's a lot of prep for one brisk early morning run.  It was fun, I'm glad I did it, but I think I'll stick to my recreational running for a while.  I beat my time by three minutes, when I did it three years ago. 1:39:39, I was happy with that.  I wanted to be at 1:40 or under and I'd say I pretty much nailed that goal!  It was a beautiful morning, but I'd have to say, I prefer the 76 degrees and 100% humidity weather that we had three years ago when I ran it.  I also didn't remember there being so many hills in the first three miles!  Here's the route we ran.

We stayed and cheered on the marathoners, as my sister's brother-in-law ran it.   Crazy to think our mile 6 is their mile 22, and most of them were still smiling.  Takes some true dedication! I told Reid not to let me sign up for a marathon...we'll see how I feel a few years from now :)

Coming around the corner to Summit Ave where I saw Reid and Joey for the first time.  I think this is mile 5...half way done

Joey and Reid were on bikes so they were able to cheer me on at mile 5, 6, 7 and then the finish. Thanks guys!



Coming down to the finish line.  I'm in the back on the left wearing the pink shirt.

Pink shirt, 2 feet from finishing, Hallelujah!

Way to go Ladies!

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm sure you're sore from biking 10 miles ;-)

Thanks for all the support throughout the training!

Crazy busy!


Thank you to my family for waking up early to cheer me on at mile 6.  It was fun to see Sally and hear her say "Mommy, mommy!"

Enjoying my day of "recovery''!

No comments:

Post a Comment