Thursday, December 7, 2017

Happy Advent!

We're loving the preparation for Christmas!

We kicked it off with matching Jammies! 

I actually had given up on the search for matching jammies.  I started maybe back in October.  I'm cheap, I don't like to spend too much and I like them to be more winter themed than Christmas so we can wear them all winter.  I'm picky. :)

Then I randomly had a solo shopping trip to Target one afternoon and stumbled upon their special display of family pajamas.  It was my lucky day because they were on-sale AND an extra discount on Cartwheel.  Even more of a score was that they had everyone's size, remember my range, 9 month old boy- 8.5 year old girl.  Not an easy task.

I came home super excited about the price, the style, they had everyone's size.  Reid was also excited and took it one step farther, where's ours?  Pjs for he and I.  I didn't really believe him, but they he continued "I've never really had REAL pajamas before, might be kind of fun."

Ooooooooof course, I went online to check for our sizes and Reid's were sold out, online and in-store.  Would he just wear woman's? How different could they be? 

Well that was a big fat no according to Reid. Oh well, maybe another year.

I went back that evening to return an extra set of pjs, (didn't know if one of my kiddos needed a different size, so I bought both just in case)  I just so happened to walk past the special jammie display and shoved waaaaaaay in the back was Reid's size and in Men's.  They also had my size, and just in time to make we still got the Cartwheel deal.

It was meant to be, inexpensive matching jammies....


Sorry, not sorry, that you'll likely be seeing a million and one pictures of us in these jammies before winter is over :)

It was fun to see Nana's surprised face as we walked down Thanksgiving evening with these on.

Mornings with my little snuggle bug.  Gosh, I love this kid! Can he get any cuter? Yeah, I didn't think so


[VIDEO]

 Morning's are indeed my favorite!



I had the brilliant idea to have the kiddos wear their matching jammies for their picture with Santa.  Everyone else at Best Buy agreed, as we walked by they said, "What a great idea! We're doing that next year!"

I've seen it before, so I can't say I'm the first to think of it.  Makes sense, though.  No need to get all prettied up to sit on Santa's lap :)

We had a successful trip, other than Mason not smiling, for what may be the first time in his life.  It was 5:20, dinner and almost bedtime.  And so many people and strangers and all that jazz.

My favorite memory is that Emma asked for Lucky Charms [Which she was excited to find that Saint Nicholas brought her yesterday!]

Thank you Best Buy!



Then they got to meet Reindeer, but not everyone in our group was as excited about that :)

Sally's sweet list she wrote for Santa.  We encourage the I want, I need, to Read and to wear, for their Christmas list.  She couldn't think of a need, so I suggested a gift to donate to someone in need.  You should have seen her face light up and exclaimed "That's a GREAT idea"!

my very talented neighbor, Ryan, made this awesome centerpiece box for me.  Something I had been searching for for quite some time, but could never find one big enough and for the right price.  Then Alisha and I stained them, I found the mason jars at JoAnn's and the flowers and Michael's, everything on sale of course.  TA-DA, I'm quite in love!

and then Kari printed out my Believe letters so I could finish the other side of my sign.  Happy with how that turned out too!
 We had a fun excuse to get a sitter and celebrate the Holidays with a "Home Alone" themed Christmas Party.  Thank you Thompsons for a fun night out!
 Mason's 1st Christmas tree!  We're classy and go to Home Depot, great trees, really great prices and super awesome customer service!
 ooooooh Emma Jean...
 Mason's 1st Christmas
 He loves his Daddy
 Every year we take a photo like this ♥
 Ta Da!
 a favorite "decorating the tree" memory just 3 short years ago!
 Daddy added some more lights around our front window, I love it!
 The stockings were hung my the chimney with care...6 stockings this year, makes my heart so happy!!
 One of Mommy's favorite Christmas books, Peef, of course I cried
 Christmas Wonder
 Mason loves coming in to look at the tree!
 Mason's says WOW [VIDEO]


 A night that gives me all the feels.  The eve of Saint Nicholas.  This year there were 4 little sets of shoes.  Each year I've watched the shoes grow or we've added a pair or we've anticipated a pair.  This year it's complete.  3 little girls and a brother awaiting Christmas Magic. I'm soaking it all in and savoring every bit of it!

Happy Advent!

**If you're searching for the perfect thing to prepare your heart for the birth of Jesus, check out Dynamic Catholic for the "Best Advent Ever"  SO doable, 3-4 minute videos, and if you get the book (I got the kindle version for $10) it's only a few pages, maybe a total of 15 minutes each day.  I did a similar one for Lent and it was awesome.  Check it out, it's not too late, you won't regret it, I promise!!

** you don't have to be Catholic to enjoy it**

No comments:

Post a Comment