Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Prep

We have a rule at our house, no Christmas music until after we eat Turkey :) It's only fair to give Thanksgiving the attention it deserves, right? It's extra hard this year to follow that rule.  For one, we're so excited to see Christmas through Sally's eyes.  We can't wait to drive her around to look at all of the lights, not to mention what her reaction will be when there's a TREE in her living room!  It's also hard to follow this rule because I'm going on a mini-vacation next week, so I feel like I'll be a week behind on Christmas prep.

Yesterday, I decided to get started on Christmas cookies and Christmas Cards.  We made Santa Surprise Cookies.  You can see I had a little help...
Good catch Daddy, we almost had flour all over the floor!

Sally helping Daddy out with the flour on his nose

Yum, Yum, Yum! We had to try at least one before we stored them away in the freezer until it's officially time to start eating Christmas cookies!
Reid has a work trip to Tucson next week, Monday-Thursday, so I decided to take advantage and go along. 

Reid: "You know, I'll probably be working long days, right?"
Me: "Yep, all I need is a book and the sun!"

Sally will be hanging with her Grandparents, a few days at each house.  We're so lucky to have them so willing and wanting to help us out! I'm a little nervous of how Mommy's going to do, being away from her little girl for 4 days.  I know it'll help rejuvenate the mama in me! I'll come back ready to tackle motherhood again as well as dance around to Christmas music!

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delish! I might have to try them this year. Have fun in the sun next week. I'm jealous! PS - i agree with the whole no Christmas stuff until AFTER Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have hated being in our car on Saturday listening to Christmas tunes. I can't help it, I just love Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I wish Josh had a traveling job! Fun! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete