Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Snuggle Bunny

Yesterday was a rainy day, so we brought out the snuggly clothes. We had lots of indoor playtime and creativity. I had lots of giggles to myself, but then Sally noticed I was giggling so she threw her head back and started laughing with me. I had moments of tears as I stood in the corner spying on my little girl, thinking, is she really mine? Is she already a toddler? Can it be possible to feel this much love for one person, this little person I carried and nurtured to life for 9 months?



Yesterday was our first day back at ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education). Reid and I were anxious to see how Sally would do, now that she can walk and discover things on her own. So different from a year ago when we started, and she couldn't even sit up on her own. We were a bit nervous as she tends to cling to her mama. She did great! She ran and played with toys. She said hello to new faces, smiled with excitement at old friends and was even able to go all the way over to the other side of the room to play, without her mommy and daddy. We had a proud parent moment :) The simple pleasures of parenthood, right?





1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackie and Reid. What a beautiful post this morning! :) Now, just imagine the kind of love that a grandparent feels? When friends ask what it is like, I am almost speechless. The one concept I can put into words is that God opens up your heart a little more to feel an even deeper sense of love. XOXO

    ReplyDelete