Thursday, April 5, 2018

Destin, Florida- Day 4

Day 4, my favorite day

We woke up to a beautiful sunrise!


 [VIDEO]



 Breakfast with a view




 We hadn't officially made the connection, but realized Destin is in the same central time zone as MN, you learn something new every day!
We knew it was going to be a glorious day with full sun, so we started our morning on the beach.  After lots and lots of sunscreen, yes, even for Mommy!  I encouraged the kiddos to keep cover ups on as long as possible. 


 and then everyone peacefully played in the sand.  Reid and Sally worked on a great sand castle that withheld it's walls even 6 hours later when they came back to check on it
 [VIDEO]

Experimenting with how much sand it takes to absorb all of the ocean water
 She could sit and pour sand back and forth for hours, it was wonderful
 A creative one, just like her dad
 His shirt says it all, love him
 and then Mom decided to do some fun photos on the side while other kept playing in the sand.  Names in the sand and jumping pictures





 TaDa!
 pouring and repouring and pouring some more
 Water girl!
 Mom's turn
 Dad, always up for Mom's shenanigans
 after a break for lunch we brought down the boogie boards, I didn't have my phone out when Sally and Libby were doing it, but I did capture Reid and I
 [VIDEO]


[VIDEO]

Reid didn't expect me to go so quickly so he only got the end of what was a really good ride, I promise, you can hear it in my giggles


[VIDEO]
Sally's creation and picture  taking skills
 and then Tripadvisor for another win.  My favorite place we ate, Dewey's on the water.  You stand in line to get your food and then pick a table to eat it at.  It's fresh from the coast!  The location is also known to have the best sunset views.  It was beautiful, although clouds came moments before the sunset, but we saw dolphins right off the dock!

Emma and Libby were especially buddy buddy this evening

 [VIDEO]

our perfect table spot
 Patiently waiting to submit our order
my perfectly perfect dinner!

Reid's delicious dinner of choice

 Trying to catch a bit of the sunset

 on a roll...
 I'll pose like this...[VIDEO]



 Besties for the night
 C-Mile Sisters
 High School Sweethearts
 Emma wanting to take a picture
 The end of a really great day

stay tuned for our last day, our flight home and how I survived every parent's worst nightmare!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment