Thursday, February 8, 2018

I'm 34!

Back to an even age and an even year, yeah, I'm weird.

Last week I turned 34.  Thank you for all of the phone calls, messages, pictures, gifts and cards, I sure felt extra special.

We were able to sneak away 2 weekends in a row for some date nights to celebrate.  The first weekend we met 2 other couples and ate at Olive's in Excelsior, so delicious!  It was a wonderful carefree night with great conversation.  Doesn't happen too often when there are usually 9 kiddos to tend to when we are all together.

The next weekend we got to go out on a double date with Kari and Andy.  We decided to check out the Super Bowl Live, downtown.  Who knows when we could ever host again.  It was a lot of fun and a neat change of scenery for us SAHMers :)


It was weird to be able to have an adult beverage while walking the streets.  Lots of giggles and lots of memories!  We were bummed that the tubing hill was deemed too icy for tubing, the boys were relieved

 taking it all in



Soooooo original...wife hands camera to husband to take a picture of she and her friend.  Husbands pretend to take a picture but instead take a selfie


 Sister Friends! Sooooo many giggles
 Oh the lady and the amount of effort it took to get this photo, let's just say she is used to an iPhone without a back button

 Birthday morning.  Reid did a great job of prepping and having everything decorated for me.   Also should mention this was during Catholic Schools Week and it was Island wear day.

Reading Sally's card and getting emotional because...
 She gave me $2 of her very own dollars!!
 Reid knows my only request for the day as that I get a picture. They also made sure to give me my favorite candy bars :) If you've known me for a while then, yes, I have switch from Twix to KitKat, Give me a break ;)
 Post nap Birthday Snuggles
 Post Nap Birthday Snuggles #2
 "Mom, we made sure to pray for you at school today and we told everyone it was your birthday!"
 Miss Sally
 Miss Libby
 Not a ton of celebrating, as we all went to Emma's swimming lesson to cheer her on.  Daddy stopped by BWW and Cold Stone to get my favorite take out items!
 and then I did some more number crunching and realized half of my birthday celebrations have been with Reid!! We're basically an old married couple ;)

age has never mattered too much to me, I wear it proud!  Looking forward to a wonderful year of growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment