Thursday, September 14, 2017

Libby's 1st Day of K I N D E R G A R T E N

I have to admit I wasn't AS emotional about Libby starting Kindergarten. Well, at least I thought I wasn't. But then the night before her first day, came and I was a hot mess.

I think I just wasn't nervous for her.  It wasn't a new school.  We already knew the routines, the staff, many families, Libby knew 10 out of the 17 students in her class.  The para in her classroom was the para in Sally's 1st grade classroom, so it was less NEW, so I didn't have the terrible nerves of the anticipation.  She wasn't going to climb on a giant bus all by herself, she had her big sister.

But then reality hit, I was losing another little.  Headed in to the big big world.  So, as I tucked her in and we sang our usual bedtime songs and prayers I got really choked up.  I had to wrap it up quickly so Reid could finish up, his eyes weren't dry either...I made it as far as my bathroom before the ugly cry came, I didn't want Libby to see it, I didn't want her to think she shouldn't be so excited to begin her new adventure.  The last thing she should be worried about is her mom.

Sally however, saw me.  She as about to sprint to go get Daddy, before I quickly caught her to tell her No. He knew, he already knew I was doing the ugly cry.  Sometimes you just have to let it all out.  It was also kind of good to have Sally witness it.  The raw emotion of a Mother's love.  She got to see how much I really care, that I want to hear about all the details of her day, and since, she's been a little more forthcoming when I ask about her day :)

And then I got it all out and I only had a few tears the day of, happy tears mostly.  She was SO ready! What a great feeling that is, to know your child is ready for their next adventure in life!

Gosh is she cute or what?!


Of course God granted us a few quiet moments to ourself that morning.  Her siblings seemed to get the hint to sleep a few extra minutes to allow us to have a few minutes to snuggle and pray together before she started her new chapter in life


Not a tear from Miss Libby, just a few butterflies of excitement!

"Dear Lord,
Use my eyes to see new friends.

 Open my ears to hear my teacher.
 Open my mind to learn new things.
 Let my heart remember You are near, when I'm afraid.
 Help me to love others like you do.
 I want to shine your light so bright in my school.

Amen"
-Courtney DeFeo

 So thankful Daddy could be flexible and go in late to work twice in one week!

 My Sweet School Girls!
 My favorite picture!!!
 She couldn't WAIT to ride that bus!
 So excited

[VIDEO]


 Love that Reid is reflected in the bus doors
 We did our 1st day tradition of following the bus to school to give one last hug before they begin the school year!
 and then timehop decided to kick me while I was down...5 year ago, then an now...
 People aren't joking when they say it flies right on by!
 What a blessing Mrs. Arnold is to us.  She sent me pictures throughout the day, Libby's locker is right next to her room.  "Of course I'll send you pictures throughout the day, she'll be just fine."

"Oh, I know she'll be just fine, the pictures are for ME :)"

Thank you Mrs. Arnold!!

 Prepping the special chocolate chip cookies and milk in real tea cups, for when the sisters get home.  Emma enjoyed being able to lick both the beaters!
 Love love love!
 Love that genuine grin!
 and then they got home and Mama's heart rested a bit.  We made it through the first day.  Grandma was even here to join us for our Cookies and Milk and Dinner!! She got to see the new craze of bus drop off until bed :)

3 years ago, when Sally was a new Kindergartner sitting down, telling Libby all about her day :)
 Beautiful sunset the other night as I was driving home.  Love the start of Fall, and getting settled in to a new routine
 School pictures!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

 Yesterday was Libby's 1st school Mass.  They have a tradition called Kindergarten Mass March.  The school lines up and cheers for them as they enter Mass holding a candle to be placed in a cross.  They will do it again in 8th grade during their last Mass.  Great tradition!
 Just beaming with Joy!


 Fun to have Daddy AGAIN!
 Fun extra Libby got with her pictures.  Shine Bright Sweet girl, you make us all so proud!!

Prayers for a WONDERFUL School year!

No comments:

Post a Comment