Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sally's First Day of Preschool

I'm sipping my hot coffee, enjoying some homemade first-day-of-school-caramel-rolls.  Libby is napping and Sally? She's at school!

We both did great! Neither of us cried.  We're both really excited!


A first day of school tradition, since I was a little girl. This picture was taken before they were baked.  Here's the recipe I used from my sister!

There's no backpack, they use the bucket system at her school.  I totally understand, and it makes so much more sense.  She was very excited about it because they gave her a cross to add to her bucket so Jesus goes to school with her!

I couldn't resist, thank you pinterest!

On the way! Don't worry, we were at a red light

She found her hook with her name

Waiting for the teachers to open the door

So sweet!

"Bye Mommy, I love you!"

Lucy's here too!! Yay

Okay, so I haven't cried until I remembered I was going to share this with you...

I wonder what you're doing now,
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
a nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows
just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
is something that she can see.

I wonder if you're thinking about me,
and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
how hard is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
for this is the first step in letting my
baby go.




1 comment:

  1. Precious!! I spy with my little eye.....Mrs. Craigmile's awesome chalkboard board markers! :)

    ReplyDelete