Friday, September 7, 2012

Butterflies

We had parent preschool orientation the other night {thank you Kyle and Laura for babysitting!!!}.

I keep waiting for the pit in my stomach.  For me to realize the fact that Sally is starting school. I was watching the video at the presentation with a big smile because I could just see Sally doing all of those activities and how excited she is going to be to tell us all about it. 

I was reading my sister's blog and she said "I think I might be the only parent on the face of the planet who has no upset feelings about sending my child to kindergarten {preschool}." And then it hit me.  I'm not going to get a pit in my stomach.  I'm going to have butterflies, I'm so so excited for my little big girl to begin this new adventure, she's so ready! I'm sure I'll cry, let's be honest folks, when don't I cry? But we both need a break from each other.  She needs more structure and I need, well, a cup of hot coffee to enjoy by myself every once and a while.  I've got a list of fun things I can do while she's at school and youngest is napping.  We're very much looking forward to this preschool thing to get started.

In the meantime we've been trying to enjoy these beautiful days!

Outside story time before nap

"Hey, what's that I see?"

My morning love bug

She got her nails did while sister napped

I spy with my little eye...
  Happy Weekend Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment