Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baby C-Mile #2

We are very excited to be growing our family by one more member. 

ME:

There's not a whole lot to complain about, but there's nothing to brag about either.  I'm not a thrower upper, even when I have the flu.  I do everything possible to keep it down.  This has been the same for both pregnancies.  I never threw up with Sally and I haven't with this one yet either.  I think it's pretty much the same as Sally's pregnancy, I just notice the nausea more, because I'm home all day and can focus on what I'm feeling rather than teaching and working with Middle Schoolers all day.  Eating has been more of a chore this time around.  With Sally I couldn't get enough fruits and vegetables.  With this one, if I eat something once, I have a hard time eating it again.  I think because I think it'll make me feel better, but then it doesn't, so I associate it with feeling sick. 

The one thing that is better than Sally's pregnancy is I'm not nearly as tired.  I used to get home from work around 3:30, take an hour plus nap and then come 7:30pm and I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I was also getting up at 5:15am.  This time around I'm able to sleep in until 7 (I know, I'm lucky) and I can make my day as busy or easy as I want.  I've found that if I do take a nap, I have a harder time falling asleep at night.

MIDWIFE:
We're excited this time around because we decided to try out using a Midwife, instead of a regular OB doctor.  My sister recommended this and after doing some research it seemed like such a great option for us.  It's covered the same with insurance and I already feel like we get more individual attention.  We had our first appointment last week and we were very happy with it.  They actually have time for you! We weren't rushed in and out.  It was very calm and relaxed. I'll talk more about what we see as benefits with using a Midwife.  We got to hear the heartbeat last Friday, and oh boy does it make all the nausea worth it!! 

DUE DATE:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're due in December, what if we're overdue and he/she is born on Christmas.  What can you do?  Really, what can you do?  We're blessed to be able to continue to grow our family, what do we have to complain about?  There are so many pros and cons to having a baby anytime throughout the year.  We just choose to look at the positive end of it :)  We won't have to decide if we should hold him/her back from school.  The summer months are part of the earlier parts of pregnancy so I won't be super uncomfortable and I think that the time will fly by.  December really doesn't seem all that far away! Memorial Day-Labor Day feels shorter than the month of January in MN! We can spend the cold long winter days snuggled with our new little one.  When we do have to go out we won't have to worry about all the snow gear, just throw on the bundle me on the car seat and we're good to go.  Many more positives about a December baby.  A quick fix? Celebrate his or her half birthday so the birthday doesn't get mixed in with Christmas.

THE BIG SISTER:

Sally is very excited!  She gets it.  Every once in a while she'll stop what she's doing, run over and say "Hiiiii Baby!"  She'll point to her stomach, shake her head no and say, "Just Mommy has baby."  Yes, she's a mama's girl, but what a lot of people don't see, is that during the day, when I'm busy cleaning or doing something with Henry, Sally's totally fine and will find something to do to entertain herself.  If she needs help she'll wait until I'm able to help.  She helps with Henry, already throws his diaper in the "diaper garbage."  She'll be changing a diaper in no time! She's ready to rock the roll of a Big Sister and I think she'll be great at it.  She'll have a lot of practice with new babies, as we have so many that have joined our world recently!!  She's genuinely a kind, caring, gentle, compassionate little girl!  After all, aren't siblings the best gift you can give your children?



SISTERS:

Yes, my sister and I are pregnant at the same time again.  Did we plan this? No.  Sally and Lucy are only 2 weeks apart.  We, obviously, are spacing our kids a similar distance apart.  She's 8 weeks ahead of me.  Another thought is that we've always been thought of as twins, so maybe we have that innate connection?? Reid's brother is due with their second in November.  Yep, that's right.  October, my sister is due, November, my sister-in-law is due, December, we're due.  Can you imagine the excitement of the Grandparents??

I hope that helps answer some of your questions :)  Thank you for all of your well wishes and excitement.  We are very much looking forward to this little being to join our family, and realize how blessed we are to be expecting another baby! Hooray for little miracles!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GRANDPARENTS ARE WAY HAPPY!! :) Time to retire~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. December is going to be SO fun for you all!!! I wouldn't trade my two December babies birthdays for anything. Sure it's chaotic, but it adds to the fun of things. And like you, said - what do you do? Congrats again!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for choosing a midwife! My sister is becoming a midwife out East. Have you considered an at home birth?

    I'm so excited for your family and can't wait to keep reading about this new chapter in your lives!

    Congrats again from us down in Louisiana!!!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacks,
    I love how you own it and make the most of everything...even nausea. :) I love my November birthday and your baby will love their winter birthday, too. In the midst of all the babies this winter, we'll love yours the most. :)

    ReplyDelete