Thursday, April 7, 2011

Minnesota Nice

Would we appreciate our beautiful days if we didn’t have our four seasons? Would we be as friendly with our neighbors if we didn’t “hibernate” for 5+ months?

I’m not sure of the answers to those questions, but yesterday was a picture perfect day! Have I told you lately how much I love where we live? Location location location, really is key in picking a house. However, you never know who your neighbors are going to be.

I love that I can go outside with Sally and know that I’m sure I’ll meet someone new, or see a friendly neighbor we used to see often before the snow came. Or we can finally learn the names of the dogs and the owners who we see walk by every day. Or meet the new little one that joined our world over the winter months.

Why I love our neighborhood:

• Yesterday we were playing outside with sidewalk chalk and bubbles and Delores and Andie came over to visit and play

• Our neighbor got home from work and he couldn’t believe how big Sally was getting

• We said “Hello” to our friendly mail carrier, Jim. Yep, we know him by name!

"Hey Mom, are you coming?"
• Sally was asking to go to the park to see the steps, the slide and the swings that she got to play on two days ago.

• I thought I’d humor her and see how far she’d walk. The park is about 5 blocks away. She’s bound and determined and of course she made it to the park. Walking the whole way all.by.herself. She’s her mother’s daughter, that’s for sure!

• On the way to the park we met the newest addition to the block, Hadley, and caught up with the family we used to see most days when it was nice outside.

She couldn't leave her bubbles behind.


• Sally met new boys and girls at the park “Hi Girl!” “Hi Boy!”



"Help, Please, Mommy!"

Looking through the holes and saying "hi" to the girl.
• On the way home we met my brother-in-law’s old high school friend and his son, who is only a month younger than Sally

• We learned that a puggle that lives on our street goes by the name of Luca (luke-ah)

• Our friends Brad, Mary and Lucy were out for a walk and stopped by for a visit

• Our wonderful babysitter was walking home from track practice and she stopped over to say “Hello” to Sally!

Thank you Sophie!
• My good friend who lives around the corner walked over and brought me flowers; just because.

Are we lucky or what? We feel the love, and love to share it! Come on over this way anytime, we’d love to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment