Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Favorite part of your day

When I was growing up a common question that went around the dinner table was "What was your favorite part of the day?" Reid and I have started to ask that as we unwind each day. Now that I'm home, my favorites obviously have to do with Sally (even if I wasn't home I'd like to think they would still be about her). Here are a few of my responses from the past couple of days:

Sally and I were being silly and listening to music and I wanted to take a video of her. Well, as you know, once she sees the camera she stops what she's doing, so I had to set it up and push record without her knowing. Now, I know she loves me and smiles and looks at me differently than anyone else, but I've never really seen it second hand. When I replayed the video I really got to see for the first time how she looks at me and watches my every move! We've had some fun times dancing!

Yesterday when I was done nursing Sally, she was full of smiles and giggles. I think we sat in the rocking chair for at least 20 minutes smiling and giggling. She'd give me the biggest belly laugh if I would just touch my nose to her face. Her laugh makes me laugh which then makes her laugh even harder!

My favorite favorite from this week was when Reid was reading Sally a book before bed. He used to not let me listen when he'd read Sally books. He'd say, "Don't listen, I know you're good at this stuff, it comes natural to you." Well, it comes natural to him as well, and he might even be better. He has a voice for every character and Sally gets a kick out of it! He was reading the book the Hat by, Jan Brett. Similar to the Mitten, if you've heard of that one. At this point in the story he was talking like a "Cluck, cluck, Hen, Cluck, Cluck" You can tell by Sally's smiles how much she enjoys it.


What was your favorite part of your day? (Feel free to post it in the comments)

1 comment:

  1. Reading this blog! Love hearing all the stories and knowing you are right where you are supposed to be! Love, Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete